Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Getaway

We were planning to go camping over the 4th of July weekend but at the last minute plans changed and we spent the weekend with Robert's family at a hotel in Park City instead. Fun times! We headed up Friday after Robert got off work, checked in, and then headed to Main Street for dinner and shopping. It was fun.

Unfortunately Robert still had to work on Saturday as well so he had to leave at 6:30am, which meant we all got to wake up at 6:00am. This led to not the greatest start to the day. Our kids were super onery. Oh well. I was on my own for the day with the kids. Which is really nothing new but when they're grouchy, its 95 degrees outside, you're 8 months pregnant, and you're not at home it's a little different. We spent the day with Robert's brother and his family. We went to the alpine slide place and the olympic park. We ended up leaving them there and heading back to the hotel. My kids were just too tired and it was TOO DANG HOT. (Have I mentioned how much I HATE summer? I do.) Here's Emily at the Olympic Park. Pretty happy right?

We stopped to get nuggets and they were content with some cartoons. And then some serious napping.

We went to dinner and then Robert was back. Boy was I glad to see him! :) The adult girls went to the outlets for a bit and the men watched the kids. I don't think it went too well with all the calls and texts we got. :)

While we were on Main Street we picked up a booklet with things to do in Park City and I found an ad for an indoor play place called Monkey Mountain. It was just across the street from our hotel so we thought we would check it out. It was really nice. It was clean! I usually never let my kids play on things like that because they are disgusting! So that was nice. Plus we were the only ones there so we had the place to ourselves. And it was inside! They have a place for the parents to hang out with couches and tvs. We spent a good 3-4 hours there.





They had this 3 story play structure that you can climb up and play in. There was a huge slide that went from the top to the bottom. I never went on it because I wouldn't fit (!) but apparently you get a lot of speed because everyone would come flying out! It was hilarious!









And of course we spent some time swimming.



It was a fun weekend and soooo nice to get away and do something different. And spending time with family is always a good thing. :)

No comments: