Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day



Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend! I know we did! (More on that later.)

I'm very grateful to live in America. Man, we got some problems but I can definitely say I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I'm beyond grateful for those that sacrifice to serve and protect our nation.

5 of the 9 members of my immediate family have been or are currently in the military. My step-dad finished a one year deployment about 10 months ago, my baby brother graduates from basic training next week, my oldest brother is leaving freakishly soon for his third deployment, and that's just the beginning of what we've been through. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a military family. We joke about how all we ever talk about is helicopters and guns and how everyone speaks in accronyms but I am so proud of my family! I have so much respect and admiration for the families of those in the military, especially the wives. Holy cow. I can't even imagine. So I guess I just want to say THANK YOU to all the service members and their families for your sacrifice on behalf of all of us!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments: