Where The Wild Things AreThe Monster at the End of This BookLove You ForeverThe Paper Bag Princess- Corduroy
- The Light in the Attic
The Lorax- Harold and the Purple Crayon
JumanjiThe Very Hungry CaterpillarGoodnight MoonThe Giving Tree- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- The Snowy Day
- Caps For Sale
- Madeline
Ferdinand- Green Eggs and Ham
Oh the Places You'll Go- The Little Engine That Could
- The Happy Prince
The Rainbow Fish- Aesop's Fables
Cloudy With a Chance of MeatballsMufaro's Beautiful DaughtersThe Cat in the Hat- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Stone Soup- Make Way for Ducklings
Where the Sidewalk EndsThe Stinky Cheese ManFrog and Toad Are Friends- Clifford the Big Red Dog
The Story of BabarLon Po PoThis Is Not My Hat- The Little Prince
- The Hundred Dresses
- Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel
- Winnie the Pooh
- Little Bear
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble- The Big Orange Splot
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- Curious George
Guess How Much I Love YouAre You My Mother?Good Night Gorilla- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
On the Night You Were Born- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild
Monday, July 13, 2015
Summer Reading
Every summer we participate in the library's summer reading program and we are actually already finished with it for this summer. Well I have one more book to read but I'm waiting until tomorrow because I pre-ordered "Go Set A Watchman." I've never pre-ordered a book in my life! But I'm excited for it. Who am I? Anyway, I was getting tired of my kids always wanting to read what I call garbage books (Barbie, Disney princesses, Tinkerbell, etc). I understand the need for those types of books because it's what kids like and gets them excited to read. But after 8 years of dealing with those types of books, I'm tired of them. So I compiled a list of books I wanted to read to the kids this summer. Several of them we have read before or we own but don't read too often. We read them at night all together. It's been great! I kept it mostly picture books since the majority of our kids are young and lack the attention span for chapter books. Emily has a list of chapter books to read. All of them that we don't already own I have found at the library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment