Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bambina Update

According to my little pregnancy countdown ticker I'm under the "100 days left" mark. It will actually be a little less than that because well, I just know it will be! I can't believe how fast it's going.

I am now over 26 weeks with this little girl. Let me tell you something. Don't have three kids in less than four years. It will kick your butt. At least it is kicking mine. Badly. Between a 3 year old, 20 month old, husband who is never home, laundry, cleaning, church callings, family functions, holidays, friends, etc, etc, etc I am pretty much pooped at all times. But I guess that is to be expected.

I was insanely sick up until about 23 weeks so that was awesome and then beginning at 20 weeks I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions like crazy. At this point my doctor isn't concerned since the baby is doing fine but I still have 3 months to go so I'm not looking forward to them getting even worse. Just in the last six weeks they've gotten a lot worse. Sometimes I have to stop and breathe through them. Good times. As much as I can't wait for her to be here, I would really like her to stay in until she's fully cooked if you know what I mean.

I think we have possibly decided on a name. And that's the only thing we've done to prepare for this baby. I'm a list maker so I naturally made a list of "things to do before the baby comes" and well, two things have been crossed off. And one of them only half way. We did finally get one of these bad boys though and I am in love!

I never in a million years thought I would have need for a double stroller. But we have officially become a Mormon cliche. :) Anyway, we have a TON to do and I'm starting to get a little stressed!

I think this baby is messing with my brain too. I can't remember a dang thing and apparently lack the ability to make logical decisions. I recently agreed to go camping in July. I HATE camping. And I mean HATE. Why I would agree to go at 8 months pregnant I have no idea.

I'm pretty much gigantic already but have luckily only gained a few pounds. People are honestly suprised I still have three months left. I look like I'm due tomorrow. No joke. Here's proof. Probably the one and only belly shot you'll ever see! This picture doesn't even due the belly justice because she was sideways when I took it. It sticks out a lot more when she's the right way. Sad. But I guess that means she's growing. :)

We're all excited to meet this baby girl. I'm really excited but completely terrified at the same time! Here's hoping the next three months go fast! And the weather stays cool!

2 comments:

Kate said...

LOL! I had my first three in less than 4 years, too. I'm sorry about the morning sickness lasting so long. It makes all the other stressful stuff seem worse than it really is. Hang in there!!

Kayla Shields said...

Wow I'm way behind on this, but congrats!! You have such cute kids :)