I've pretty much had nothing to blog about lately because our house has been consumed with illness. I really need it to be spring already. It's not just a want. It's a need.
Beginning in December, Emily got a stomach virus that consisted of vomiting and diarrhea and lasted for 2 months. Sounds fun right? It wasn't. Then when we finally felt like she was getting over it she got that weird virus that caused her to break out into hives. That lasted about a week. Robert had his passing out episode, was diagnosed as hypoglycemic, and has been dealing with that. Once that was over, I got strep. On Valentines Day. Pretty sweet. That was followed by Robert getting strep about a week later. Robert is still extremely sick and just can't seem to get better. Last week I got food poisoning (from dinner that I cooked. Oops.), and Robert got a really bad toothache. Good thing we have dental insurance. Oh wait, no we don't. Then today I woke up with a terrible cold. Chase has a fever and is coughing as well.
So that has pretty much been the story of our winter. I can't even begin to describe how over it I am. I just can't handle it anymore. I think we've been to church as a family maybe twice all year because someone is always sick. I counted all of them up and in 2010 we have gone to the doctor 12 times and to the ER once. That's insane for a family of four and being only two months into the year.
What's really annoying is that we are nazi about hand washing and let's be honest, we don't really go anywhere. Why do we keep getting sick?!!! We've changed the sheets, replaced toothbrushes and toothpaste, Lysol'd everything multiple times and still getting sick. Anyway, I'll stop venting now. I know I shouldn't complain because things could be worse but I just really hope spring will change our luck.
1 comment:
I am so sorry! That is just terrible!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!? Even bring over soup :( That sucks, but spring is around the corner! Hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment