Since I have been staying home I try to cook every night. I don't think I'm a terrible cook (maybe I should check with Robert on that one) but I just don't really like to cook. I hate it actually. But I'm trying. One of my new years resolutions has been to try one new recipe a week. I have kept up on this resolution unlike pretty much every resolution I've ever made so I'm pretty proud of myself!
This week's recipe is pretty basic but way yummy so I thought I would share it. I just found it on allrecipes.com. It makes a bunch so you can freeze half or have it two nights which I always like. One less night of cooking. :)
Three Cheese Pasta Bake
1 pound uncooked pasta (I used penne)
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
6 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce (about 2 regular sized bottles)
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
2. While cooking pasta, cook ground beef and onion in skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned. Stir in pasta sauce, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer the ingredients in the prepared baking dish as follows: half of the cooked pasta, all of the provolone cheese, all of the sour cream, half of the sauce mixture, remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yummy!
3 comments:
I will have to give this a try. I am not a huge fan of cookin either, but I think that this may be something I can manage. Thanks for sharing.
I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! Your kids are so dang cute and I can't get over your little guys hair!
Post a Comment