Unfortunately there was a stabbing they had to deal with and we ended up waiting 5 hours at the ER. Luckily we have great parents who shared shifts watching our kids. None of the tests showed anything to be concerned about and the doctor attributed it to stress, fatigue, and low blood sugar. I'm always hounding Robert to eat more because he's so skinny and works so hard so it was nice to have it confirmed by a doctor! All is well and he even got a day off work! He's pretty sore today with two slightly black eyes and a bruised and swollen nose (but luckily not broken). I tried to get a good picture of his injuries but the black eyes don't show up too well.
Monday, December 7, 2009
The perils of low blood sugar
Yesterday afternoon Robert received a call from his part time mortuary job. He met the funeral director and they headed to a home. While talking with the family he felt like he should sit down. He took one or two steps before he hit the floor. He passed out in their living room and fell face first on their hardwood floor. He claims to remember hearing a THUD and thinking "what was that?" but didn't realize it was actually him! After he came to, he realized he was on the floor and had passed out. Unfortunately I was in church and didn't have my phone with me. He was able to get ahold of our home teacher, who called a bishopric member who happened to be in YW with me. He told me I needed to call my husband because he had fallen and hit his head. First I thought he was joking. Robert had gotten ahold of his parents in the mean time and they were on their way to pick him up. I met them at our house and took Robert to the ER while they stayed with the kids. At the ER they did numerous blood tests, urinalysis, EKG, etc to determine the reason for him fainting.

Unfortunately there was a stabbing they had to deal with and we ended up waiting 5 hours at the ER. Luckily we have great parents who shared shifts watching our kids. None of the tests showed anything to be concerned about and the doctor attributed it to stress, fatigue, and low blood sugar. I'm always hounding Robert to eat more because he's so skinny and works so hard so it was nice to have it confirmed by a doctor! All is well and he even got a day off work! He's pretty sore today with two slightly black eyes and a bruised and swollen nose (but luckily not broken). I tried to get a good picture of his injuries but the black eyes don't show up too well.

Unfortunately there was a stabbing they had to deal with and we ended up waiting 5 hours at the ER. Luckily we have great parents who shared shifts watching our kids. None of the tests showed anything to be concerned about and the doctor attributed it to stress, fatigue, and low blood sugar. I'm always hounding Robert to eat more because he's so skinny and works so hard so it was nice to have it confirmed by a doctor! All is well and he even got a day off work! He's pretty sore today with two slightly black eyes and a bruised and swollen nose (but luckily not broken). I tried to get a good picture of his injuries but the black eyes don't show up too well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for the long-desired close ups of Bob, he looks great even with some brusing.
Post a Comment