Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer

It's no secret that I absolutely HATE the summer. And this one has been particularly bad since it's been so hot. I just hate being hot. Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy it and do some things with the kids even though I would really just like to sit in the basement all day and try not to melt.

At the end of June we went with some friends to the drive-in to see "Brave." It was really busy so we ended up putting the kids in the back of the car so they could see. They LOVED it!! They pretty much thought it was the funnest thing they've ever done. Robert and I enjoyed it too. Definitely something we want to do again.
Summer isn't complete without Taylorsville Dayzz. The parade was the morning after we went to the drive-in. So the kids went to bed at midnight and then were up early to go to the parade. I was a little worried because I took them to the parade by myself. But it actually went really smoothly. Other than being hotter than hades.
Chase took his flag waving duties VERY seriously.
And Carly spent the majority of the parade like this. Which, let's be honest, is fine by me!
And of course the letter carrier band
Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: