First of all, a big WTF to waking up to this on April 3rd.
Lately I've been feeling like I've fallen into the mom trap where everything I used to love to do has kind of fallen by the wayside and life becomes all about the kids, house, husband, etc. My New Year's Resolution was to get back to doing those things I've always loved to do. Mainly scrapbooking and crafty and decorating things. My goal was one thing a month. Luckily (most of the time its lucky) I have a little mini-me who loves to make things too. This is when we made Liahonas for FHE. She carried that thing around for DAYS. She would have it tell her which way to go to do all kinds of things (potty, find her puppy, etc). Funny girl.
Every March Robert gets a few days off work. We usually use that time to go on vacation but decided to stay here and do a little staycation. Naturally this was our kitchen counter during that time.
Robert, Emily, and Chase all got sick. Sweet. But luckily they weren't super sick so we were still able to do a lot of the things we wanted to do. The weather was also a little crappy so we had to change plans slightly but we still had fun!
Aquarium
Emily is obsessed with the aquarium. Chase, not so much.
Build-a-Bear
Emily was so excited to go to "the bear store." I seriously thought we would be there FOREVER but she walked in, picked the horse, and while they were filling it with fluff she walked over and picked the Tinkerbell outfit. Done.
Temple Square
One day we went downtown. Emily is obsessed with temples and we've never taken her to temple square. She was pretty excited! It was a little chilly so she just kept wanting to go inside but she loved it.
We went to the visitors centers where Chase was of course a maniac and I was told by a sister missionary that I was weird for only having two kids. Mkay. Anyway, I had seen a poster at our church about the new interactive childrens exhibit at the Church History Museum. Its about the Book of Mormon so we thought that would be perfect since we've been reading the Book of Mormon as a family and thought maybe it would help reinforce what we've read and whatnot. The kids loved it!
Emily was loving dressing up and dancing around until other people started to comment on how cute she was. Then she was embarassed and didn't want to do it anymore. :)
They also have a quilt exhibit right now with an area for kids. I think our kids could have played there for HOURS.
We did some other stuff that I didn't take pictures of and went out to eat a lot. Our kids love going out to eat because we hardly ever do it. :) It was nice to have some time together as a family. We don't get much of that most of the time.
Robert is REALLY excited that baseball season has started. I'm kind of already tired of it and there's still 7 more months but it makes him really happy so that makes me happy. Emily is loving preschool and dance and has her first recital this week. Should be interesting! I've been noticing that there hasn't been much mention of Chase on our blog lately so I'm going to dedicate a post to him soon but he's still the cutest boy on the face of the earth. :) I'm still pregnant and spent the last three months being completely miserable but things are getting better in that regard. Knock on wood.
That's a little update on our lives.
1 comment:
Seriously snow! I know, I about died when I saw it! And I totally know how you feel about having some "me time" and doing the things that you like and want, but by the end of the day I am just pooped and turn into a vegetable!
Post a Comment