Monday, November 22, 2010

Disney Trip - Day 5 - Sea World

Who's ready to be done with these trip posts? I am! I am! Last one I promise. :)

Day 5 we drove down to San Diego to go to Sea World. I am borderline obsessed with Sea World. I think I missed my calling as a marine biologist. My mom has always had a love of marine animals as well (particularly whales) and I think it must be genetic because wow, Emily REALLY loved Sea World.

Before the Shamu show started we were watching the dolphins and their trainers. The trainers were in the water and Emily was asking what they were doing. I was explaining to her that they were dolphin trainers and they teach the dolphins different things, etc. Emily said, "Mom, maybe when I get bigger I could be a dolphin trainer." Yes you can Emily! And I will live my dream through you! :) It was precious. She was so sincere.



Emily really loved the sea lions, which have always been Robert's favorite. We spent a long time there. Emily really loved feeding them and wasn't afraid to touch the nasty fish. She was a little upset though when a bird stole a fish right out of her hand.






We had a really great trip. The weather was absolute perfection. Sunny and mid 70's. We don't get to spend a ton of time together so it was nice just to be together. The kids of course had a great time as well. Now I would like another one please!

No comments: